Te Whare Taonga o Nga iwi Katoa Linwood Resource Centre (LRC) was established in 1997 by local residents who had a commitment to community development and a desire to see positive changes to the Linwood area.
LRC is situated at 332 Linwood Avenue and offers a welcoming, stimulating and safe environment for local people to build an inclusive house and garden community where creativity can be explored, skills and resources shared and friendships built.
Our Community Development Workers, Menna and Shane, along with our Gardens Overseer Annette extend a warm welcome and look forward to supporting and working alongside the community in the area.
We currently offer:
- a gathering place for support and information
- A safe space to meet new people
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Garden Plots for community
- Fruit & Veggie Co-op
- Linwood Mens & Community Shed
- Room Hire
- Deliver courses and workshops
- Garden Group – 10-1130am Tuesdays (fortnightly)
- Share and Sew – 1-230pm Tuesdays (fortnightly)
- Art Group – 1230-2pm Fridays (fortnightly)
Some of our successes include:
- Award-winning gardens
- Community Events
- Award winning Heritage Films
Be involved in something wonderful….
We at LRC are always looking to make new friends and encourage new visitors –
- have a plot to grow your own veggies in a friendly and supportive environment
- volunteer to look after the house and garden, or support our work in other ways
- attend our courses, workshops and activities
- relax and enjoy our gardens
- let us know what issues are of concern in Linwood
- pop in and have a coffee and maybe a chat
In addition to the activities currently being offered, the Linwood Resource Centre provides opportunities for volunteering and has meeting rooms for hire.
We look forward to meeting you!
phone 981 5594 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Menna- cell: 022-062-0733 email: email@example.com
Shane– cell: 022-062-0744 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annette: email: email@example.com
the greatest resource Linwood has is its people