Anglican Care Community Development currently has 3 Partnership Community Workers – Vivienne who works throughout Christchurch South, Chrissie is out and about around Hornby-Hei Hei – Templeton and Rae can be found in the Barrington-Sydenham area.
The primary purpose is to develop and enhance pathways to and from Pegasus General Practices and other health related agencies.
Partnership Community Workers (PCW) liaise with general practice teams and their local communities to link people into assistance that may be available.
PCWs focus on the health and well-being of low income, Maori, Pacific Island, Refugee and Migrant people who are currently enrolled with a Pegasus PHO Practice/those seeking enrolment with a Pegasus PHO Practice and those who are not enrolled.
The PCW Service is not a crisis or emergency service.
The PCW’s role is short term, task centered and can:
- assist people to gain access to health care and social services
- support people to attend appointments
- support people to identify and address needs that are impacting on their health
- connect people with community support services
- provide information and resources about supports available in the community
Visit http://www.pegasus.health.nz/direct-to-patient-services for more information about the services offered.